http://bestflights.co.za/europe/england/nottingham – Visit for extra data on Nottingham, UK.
Nottingham, a metropolis within the East Midlands of England, is famed for its reference to the legend Robin Hood. During the Industrial Revolution town obtained worldwide recognition for its bicycle industries and lace making.
What to see / do
• City of Caves – A community of artificial caves carved out of sandstone
• Lace Market Theatre
• Lakeside Arts Centre – Also together with a small theatre
• Museum of Nottingham Life — Showing the social change during the last 300 years
• National Ice Centre — Go ice skating on the wonderful National Ice Centre
• Newstead Abbey — Home of native poet Lord Byron
• Nottingham Castle — A small stately residence and museum
• Nottingham Playhouse – One of the most important theaters in Nottingham
• Sherwood Forest Country Park — Ancient royal searching forest with parks and villages
• Theatre Royal – One of the most important theaters in Nottingham
• The Galleries of Justice — An interesting have a look at the generally tough justice meted out within the years passed by.
• Nottingham Comedy Festival – Performances by new and well-known comedians
• Nottingham’s Goose Fair – One of Britain’s largest fun-fairs, held for greater than 700 years
• Nottingham LGBT Pride — Stages with music and acts, stalls, foods and drinks areas.
• Robin Hood Festival — Held on the Sherwood Forest Country Park
• Robin Hood Pageant — At Nottingham Castle with jesters, juggling and jousting on horseback
• The Riverside Festivals — Live music, markets and gala’s with firework shows.